Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving in Reading

Thanksgiving traditionally makes you think of turkeys, cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes. For me, Thanksgiving, like everything else, makes me think of architecture. Since I always travel to see family for Thanksgiving, I am always somewhere new, which gives me a chance to discover and analyse.  I had been to Reading before, and i had been fascinated by the side alleys, the churches, and the industrial ghost town. I felt like there used to be thriving city, filled with action and life, that has disappeared. I sometimes wonder what Reading must have been like back in the day, when the factories were going in full swing and the buildings didn't look down at you with cold, empty eyes. Add to that the fact I was taking these pictures in the freezing rain, and even I begin to wonder why I didn't just stay inside. But the architecture wouldn't let me. For better or for worse, dead or alive, the architecture is there, and it's always trying to tell me its story...
















No comments:

Post a Comment